Did you ever stop to think about the fact that, technically, Harry Potter was also studying abroad? Here are 16 ways that Harry’s adventures are likely to be just like yours.
1. When you first decide you’re going abroad, you’re in a state of shock- you can hardly believe it’s real!
2. Getting on the plane (train) can be scary
3. The new land seems magical with the different architecture and strange lights
4. It can also be terrifying at times…there might be monsters anywhere
5. Then you start to figure it out, find a group of friends
6. Going out with your friends is great until someone overdoes it…
7. Some days you just want to punch someone (any building guard who makes me dig out my passport or spell my last name 5 times- I’m looking at you)
8. Sometimes you just want to hide in your room
9. You can’t seem to master that one grammar point or verb conjugation and it becomes a dragon to slay
11. When someone thinks their accent is better than yours
12. You end up just making stuff up as you go along and usually being confused
13. You might find a bittersweet romance, knowing you’ll have to say goodbye…
14. As your time in Russia draws to a close, you have mixed feelings
15. You realize you’ve made friends for life: hard times + good times = strong bonds
16. Now, you’ll always have a second home